Betta Fish Forum banner

Just signed up!

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Tabbie82 
#1 ·
Hello, and good morning.
I will include a bio on myself and my fish so everyone can get to know me a little more. :)

My name is Kanra. I live in Canada, and I got my betta Mako Storm (Or Mako the Shark) six months ago as a birthday present from my boyfriend. Two months before that, my brother and his girlfriend came home with Rico Suave and Steven Knight, a jumbo solid red veil tail splendens, and a solid blue veil tail splendens, respectively. I got sick that week, and spent the next few days staying home with the fish.

I discovered that these fish were not just fish.

Rico was a boisterous, powerful, aggressive male with a huge, beautiful tail that he prided. Steven was calm, timid, but intelligent, knowing where the food bag was kept in only a day, and learning tricks very soon after. These fish had a vibrance and personality that I adored. When Steven moved out with the girlfriend, I got Mako.

He is a bi-colored blue and white splendens with a veil tail and a genetic transparent gene that turns the white of his fins into clear tissue. He loves his cave system and has a habit of lying flat on his side. On EVERYTHING. His leaves, his rocks, his decorations, the floor. He says hello: When someone waves at him, he swims up to them and blows a bubble. He does tricks for food, including swimming in a perfect circle, and letting me (Only me) 'pet' his fins. If you stare at him long enough, he will find something to rest on, and just stare back at you. He recently got moved into a 10g tank. When I'm away for a long period of time, he pretends to be sick when I get back. His colour will be very pale when I look at him, but when my back is turned it will be vibrant again. My boyfriend caught that. He changes from blue to black when he's hiding.

I named him Mako after my favourite breed of shark. His blue and white fins reminded me of the dark navy back and silver belly of the vicious Mako shark. His personality at times can be just as vicious. His blue and white colouring reminds me of a clear, beautiful sky. When he changes black, against his red eye, his appearance is ominous and a little scary. This is why his full name is Mako Storm. When he is patrolling his territory, he definitely looks like a little shark.

Thank you for welcoming me, I look forward to learning much more about bettas and betta ownership! :)

See less See more
#8 ·
Welcome! Glad to have you here! You can attach pictures to your posts by clicking on the icon that looks like a paper clip above where you type your message. Just choose the file you want to include and upload it. Hope that helps!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.