Betta Fish Forum banner

Wild Betta, USA

3K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  wish4coner 
#1 ·
I am looking for a pair of wilds in the USA. I am in TN, and I do not want to deal with a transshipper. I am preferably looking for B. channoides, B. albimarginata, or B. picta. I am not too picky about the species, but I only have a 10 gallon tank, so I want something that will fit a pair or more in 10 gallons.

Thanks,

Dwarden

#3 ·
I am primarily looking for mouth brooders, but the Siamorientalis is very interesting, and I have been looking at those as well.

#4 ·
I just had a wild's spawn

I just spawned, and it is a big spawn! I have pictures up on my FB if you are interested. I am in Kansas so it wouldnt be much to ship. Unfortunately, they won't be ready for 2 months but, if you are interested, let me know. they were hatched tonight and dad is caring for them.

Fish Fish Organism Tail Freshwater aquarium

#6 ·
Only if you have an extremely heavy, NPT with lots of hiding places. I've done a lot of research on this and, it can be done but, with lots of caution and possibilities of failure. The tank size would have to be, no less than 55g and 75 and up is recommended.

I keep mine in 2.5g for the males, and keep females in a 30g sorority.

#10 ·
I have them in beanies (the males) 4x4x8, and keep them in a 10 G so they have one heater and a drilled hole, so they get the circulation. The females are in a sorority and heavily planted.

#9 ·
To be honest, I think that is my guitar but setsuna can tell you more than I. He seems to change colors..right now, he has copper color in the light with red around his caudal. Tonight, he will look like the picture. It's amazing, really.

#14 ·
Just be careful with the breeder. A few just bought a bunch of simplex from a breeder--not sure who the breeder was but, many of the fish are dying from dropsy. I think this is a bad time to be buying from certain ones.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.