Betta Fish Forum banner

hello

744 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  keo071987 
#1 ·
my partner and i use to have a betta before the grate split and broke on our filter which sucked up our little betta otomo, we took it pretty hard. Hard to believe we got so attached to the little guy, but we plan on getting another. We were keeping otomo in a ten gallon tank by himself since we heard some bettas are territorial even with other community fish.

#2 ·
Hi and welcome!!

Sorry to hear about Otomo :( How dreadful.

There are some small fish you can keep in a 10g with a male betta. If it's a long fin betta you could try certain small fish like some tetras (Please, someone with experience come and specify!), some cory cats or if you get a plakat (short fin betta) you could get almost any other fish (which would leave him alone and not pester him about his territory). Bettas like their territory, yes, but some people keep a bottom dweller with their bettas (because bettas are top-tank dwellers)

#3 ·
Hello and welcome to the forum. I am so sorry you lost otomo, I am so attached to my little guy and it is hard to believe we can get so attached until you have one of these amazing little fish. Its great your going to get another one ! I hope you enjoy your time here and be sure and post some pictures when you get your new Betta.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.