Betta Fish Forum banner

Darn it petco!!!

5K views 71 replies 32 participants last post by  vaygirl 
#1 ·
Stop getting the most gorgeous fish!!!!!!! My Petco recently got in HMPK males.. Hahaha... I'm sure you've all seen my siggy update, sorry couldn't get the pics on sooner.

Well, I almost came home with about 4 males.. but had to narrow it down to one! (sorry the pics are not the best, my hands were literally shaking from excitement!!! LOL :lol:)

Sooo, I walked into petco and saw this:

A Red dragon!!!!!!!
But red dragons aren't exactly my favorite.. love 'em, but I like crazier looking fish better. :)
Walked over to the other shelf of bettas half expecting to see sick VTs and CTs.. but... about 7 more HMPKs!!!! :shock: This is when I started shaking. :lol:
There was this boy:
(who my mom LOVED, and if I had more space, I would have gotten him too)
But... this boy stole my heart! I present... Napoleon!!

Sorry the pics aren't the best, I'll get better ones soon! I also have my girl from 1fish2fish coming soon!! Whoo!!!

Hope you enjoyed!

See less See more
#4 ·
wow! your petco sells way better fish than my LPS! They keep their bettas in small clear dixie cups (uncovered) about 3/4 of the size of the containers in your pics. All of them are males, except for the occasional females, and they are all veiltails. None of them are anything special, mostly just red or blue multicolors.

#5 ·
-drools- Me want one.

#7 ·
i would kill for hmpk's like that!napoleon is gorgeous and i woulda went home with the blue and white one as well as that lim pastell green one next to him O.O im jealous my petco dont really get fish that wow me too often =/ and they seem to get alotta super small ones that look like culls

#8 ·
GEEZ! That's beyond impressive. My local has only ever had the 1 plakat mislabelled as a girl. And never any like THAT.

The blue and white was gorgeous but you made an awesome choice! I would have been tempted by the red dragon too. :p

Heck, if I saw those 3 in MY place I'd get them *all* just because it would probably never happen again...ever. lol

#9 ·
Gah! Why can't there be a Petco near me!!!

#14 ·
OH WOW. He is amazing!! And that petco is amazing - looks like great conditions!! WOW! Is he a dragon?? How much are they selling the HMPKs for?

When I went for my interview at my local Petco, the manager told me that they will be carrying this line within the next month or so. I can't wait!!!

#15 ·
Lucky Lucky you and lucky fish! I love the dark outline around his fins.
He's amazing! I'm starting to love plakats too but I have to resists LOL!
I had a totally different experience going yesterday to Petco. Half of the fish were dead and the rest were almost dead. Didn't see any employee near the fish area to tell them to at least remove them and ask when they were getting new fish. I noticed that a few of the bowls with dead fish had water so high that the breathing hole was covered SURPRISE! Of course they are going to die UGH!
There was a beautiful yellow and white HM plakat male that I had seen on a previous visit but I'm hoping for a HM next.

#18 ·
Hehe thanks everyone!! I've always loved plakats but I've never been able to get one because no one sold any! But... looks like I'm gonna have a few more before the year is over. LOL

Neelie: My address is "Never gonna happen Rd" LOL!!!!

Kuklachica: I got him for 12.99! Plus I had a gift card, so technically he was free. :p And yep he's a dragon. I'll get better pics today.. He is enjoying his new home SO much!

The cups aren't always that clean... I think I went on shipment day because everyone was all clean and healthy. The VTs are always sick though. :( Probably 'cause they cost less.

#19 ·
Oh wow I love him. Marble dragons are awesome!!! I want to go to your petco. LOL

#20 ·
OKay Doggyhog, it's official! I'm moving to your city! He is STUNNING! :-D

#24 ·
wow! You know, I never used to see what the attraction was to Plakats..but I am seriously falling in love with them now! I guess it was like when you are yong and in LOVE with Kirk cameron(ok really showing my age here..) Then Forget him, he is not attractive to us but Johnny Depp woohoo! Then we get older and he is just a weird freak so we look at Jude Law..:shock:
At least that is what I think?? I could be crazy...because Plakats were my LEAST favorite betta, and now I think that they are just stunning! :p

#26 ·
I went to my Petco today, and they had the new style covers and the fish manager said they'll be getting them in within the next few weeks!!! Wooohooo!! And the fish manager used to breed bettas... so she knew what I was talking about!!

DH - WHERE ARE SOME CLOSE UPS?!?!!? I WANT MORE PICS!!!!!! :):):)

#27 · (Edited)
When i saw the photos I just went "OH. MY GOD."
We don't have petcos where we live (which is probably a good thing, because I'd take home a betta every week.)
But I am soooooo jealous of your Plakat boy, he is absolutely gorgeous and looks to be bursting with personality... ever since I got my dragon I've been a huge fan of plakats. My pet store only sells veiltails and crowntails of red or blue or just mixed colors that don't go together. I would have to order fancy guys from a breeder.
If you ever want to give your new guy away, I am here! And can you send that red dragon to me, too? Hehehehe.... ^.^

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.