Betta Fish Forum banner

Anubias yellowing?

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Kittiesdragons 
#1 ·
Hey all, I have a nice "basket" of anubias floating at the top of my tank but it seems to be yellowing? It was nice a green up until a few days ago... Now the leaves are turning yellow and translucent. Other plants are doing just fine... so what gives?

#2 ·
Anubias needs to be planted in something as long as the Rhizome is out, or tied to something. It may be acclimating to your water still, the process can take about 2-3 weeks or more depending on the plant. Usually Anubias does just fine though. But it doesn't like to float so if you can weigh it down or tie it to some rock/driftwood/ornament that would be best!

#4 ·
I think it depends on which kind. I have Anubias Barteri and it flourished under higher lighting!

#5 ·
Sigh... I think my lighting killed it... :-( I came home from vacation and it and my other mystery plant were wilted and in such bad shape I decided to just throw them away rather than risk spoiling the water more... :-( but my swordleaf is doing well!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.