Betta Fish Forum banner

Cory behaving odd

657 views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  Thothgirl 
#1 ·
I went to feed my motley crew tonight and I counted the cories and I found one of my females floating upside down next to the thermometer. She was under one of the suction cups so I thought she was dead and stuck there. I poked her with my "aquarium poking stick" (A ruler) and she freaked out and swam away. but she was favoring one side, swimming without moving it, but she managed to right herself and is currently hyperventilating next to a plant.

I am gonna keep a close eye on her tonight and tomorrow, but any advise? Any idea of what is going on with her? I have another female and 2 male cories. She is one of my Favs and named Ob.

#2 ·
She is stuck on her side. and I put her in a QT 1 gallon aquarium because I noticed one of the shrimp starting to eat her fins. Poor girl. She is on her side just laying there. there is a big silver circle on her belly, but I don't know if that is normal, I never really checked their undersides before. I am worried she is on her way out. :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.