Betta Fish Forum banner

Filter ?

617 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  asukabetta 
#1 ·
I've been thinking of getting a filter for my 2 gallonish tank, thing is I think it might take too much space... reducing it to a 1,7 gallon tank or 1,5

Do you think it is worth it?

I'm kinda reluctant because of it and would love feedback asap

#7 ·
I can't really say from experience with this particular filter as my tanks currently use Aquaclear filters (I've also used the Marina s10 Slim and really liked it, but it's too small for my tanks now), but you should be able to baffle the filter so that the outcoming water doesn't create much current. Both my tanks, the freshwater community and the one for the bettas, are baffled with part of a plastic pop bottle. You can also put a piece of sponge or pantyhose over the intake to protect your betta's fins.

I honestly don't know about using it with a bowl as opposed to a tank. I don't think it'd be a problem, but it's possibe that the filter could shift the bowl's center of gravity enough to tip it over - what shape is your bowl? I'd imagine one with a larger footprint would be less likely to have an issue. Possibly someone who has more experience in this area could help with this?

Leah

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.