Betta Fish Forum banner

Oh, Impulse Buys.....

964 views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  rubinthebetta 
#1 ·
So, I had a very interesting weekend....xD
Because we have a Doctor Who convention coming up in a couple of weeks, my girlfriend came over for a visit so that we could go do a bit of prep-shopping. One of the bulbs in my 10 gallon had burnt out a few days prior, so we made our last stop at Petco on Saturday. I generally don't go into our Petco since its rather small and sparsely stocked, and the bettas are generally rather sad looking and a little too over-priced, so I figured popping in to grab a new bulb would be fairly safe.....
I really, REALLY should have known better....:roll:

Petco had its usual sad selection as far as the bettas went, but there were a few pretty ones. I really hadn't planning on getting one, but my girlfriend picked this one boy out and said he looked like he could be a Tony Stark fish, which I had been looking for for some time, and indeed he did look quite Tony Stark-ish....a lovely red Cambodian Delta boy with a touch of pale green/almost yellowish looking iridescence. He looked rather sad, some fin damage, pale, and a touch of SBD but nothing I wasn't confident in being able to take care of with some clean, warm water and a little TLC.....so I picked him up and brought him home.
I didn't get any pictures of him because I didn't want to stress him out too much, but he sadly didn't make it though the night. 8/ I figured the poor thing was just a little too far gone and couldn't handle the stress of the move.

We took him back Sunday to return him, and I have to say I was very pleasantly impressed by how friendly and helpful the employees were. They happily tested my water for me and agreed that he must have just not been well when I brought him home and were happy to let me exchange him.
So, I picked up another boy that I had been eying the night before and brought him home. Thankfully, hes doing very well and this time I made sure to get some pictures!!

So, I hereby introduce my impulse purchase of the weekend....little Ianto Jones!

Hes....not exactly fond of the camera. xD Had a rough time getting these shots, spent Sunday Monday AND today trying to get enough good ones to show off! But hes very cute. Shy, but curious. VERY fond of his purple plant there. Some fin damage, but nothing that shouldn't heal up over time. He won't respond to the mirror, so I assume hes a Delta for now.
Hes got some interesting coloring going on.....reminds me a bit of Smaug, my very first dragon, who I brought home around this time of year a few years ago.....thats probably why I was drawn to him. xD He doesn't go too well with the setup and substrate hes in, washes him out a little, but hes own setup is on its way so hopefully I can get a few better pictures of him later in the week in his permanent tank.

Ugh, me and my rambling....xP I'll hush now. Enjoy the pictures, and look forward to a few more!

See less See more
#5 ·
He looks exactly like my boy Phoenix, and I mean exactly! Maybe he somehow got cloned? Lol but good luck with him anyway, he's adorable. :3

#8 ·
I love the colors!

#10 ·
Yup!

#16 ·
More pictures! New little KK setup on my desk next to my computer, complete with lovely silk plants, blue sand, and a plain black mug-cave. ;D

This little guy is really difficult to photograph sadly...hes not a huge fan of the big camera coming at him I guess. :lol: But I managed to get some shots of him exploring!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.