Betta Fish Forum banner

My new swimmingly challenged boy

894 views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  Sena Hansler 
#1 ·
Well Friday I got a new male betta. His colours just screamed at me. I couldn't resist. Poor boy couldn't swim properly when I got him home. So he's in a shallow container with some friends to rest on.

Peek-a-boo!

And how can I forget my Scuzi? Here's a shot of him and Bub, the moss ball.

See less See more
#2 ·
do you know the cause of his swimming issue??? could be an easy fix

#4 ·
can you get a photo of it?

#5 ·
I saw a blue betta :( looked like he was half paralyzed - couldn't use his back end at all D: maybe they had the same problem? Either way it's an "awwwwww"

#7 ·
So is it that his back end struggles to work, and he often seems to lay on the side of his tail/ back part of his body, awkwardly? He could have damage to it... or could just be a defect

#8 ·
hmm i dont see the issue your saying but ive got skinny tailed boys and no issues??

#10 ·
Awwww not fair for him to suffer like that :(

#12 ·
Sounds exactly like that blue betta I passed up!! Could be a birth defect - similar to partial paralyzation that although in some cases are not exactly lethal, the betta would need shallow water and careful choice of plants so that he would not suffocate or anything.

And you sound pretty responsible :) He's lucky to have you.

#16 ·
(unrelated to thread)...Crowntail, one comment, I love the fact your "Ontario Canada" is NOT a frozen wasteland xD don't worry I met someone who though Edmonton Alberta was in Toronto Ontario.... Then again I also purposely told him I have sled dogs, it was -50 below, and a polar bear attacked the CNN tower x.x

#18 ·
Haha yeah same here :p We don't really live in igloos... but those few I come across who believe so... I mess with their minds. Because I find it funny. lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.