Betta Fish Forum banner

How much should i feed and clean my new betta fish?

6K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  pianoxlove64 
#1 ·
hey guys so i just got beautiful betta fish and im new to this site! called him toothless from how to train your dragon hahaha :D so i was wondering how much i should feed him? I feed him pellets and i have been feeding him 2 in the morning and 2 at night. his tank is about a gallon so when should i clean and wat percentage of the water do i change. thanks so much everyone!

#2 ·
In a 1gal unfiltered tank.....twice weekly water changes...1-50% and 1-100% should maintain water quality....provided that you don't overfed and uneaten food is removed within a reasonable time...

Nutrition-good quality varied diet fed in small frequent meals.....

Look forward to pic......

#5 ·
hey guys thanks for all your wonderful answers! we also have a 40 gallon tank which we feed the fish frozen blood worms. so i was wondering could i feed my betta fish frozen blood worms just for a treat though! if so how many can i feed him for a treat? I forgot to say my tank is filtered so how many times/how much should i clean his tank thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.