Betta Fish Forum banner

Splitting my 15 gal. into 3??

752 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  dramaqueen 
#1 ·
What are your thoughts on a 15 gallon tank divided into 3 parts? My 15 gallon is (and has been for quite some time) divided into 2, but I am really looking to condense my tanks before the end of the summer when life gets really crazy again.

Do you think it would be too mean to downsize the bettas that are in there now from 7.5 to 5 gallon sections?

The other thing is that since I don't think Prof. Lupin is going to make it, that leaves Maximus with no neighbors. Now, I know that bettas are solitary in nature, but I have always found that my guys do better with a little interaction to amuse themselves during the day. Like I said, I really don't have time to amuse them myself right now, so I'm thinking that Maximus would be happy in the 15 gallon with the other two (his tank now is a 5 gal, so he would not be downsized like the others). Opinions? Thoughts?

#2 ·
Sounds just great to me!! 5g is still a great amount of space for a single betta. They'll handle the change just fine, it's not that drastic if you think about it..

Also, we want pics once it's finished!! LOL :D

#4 ·
Yeah, I think that's what I'm going to do. It is still within my 5 gal minimum limit, so I don't feel too bad about it. And the thought of possibly only having 2 tanks to clean is just too good to be true right now!

Don't worry, I'll post pics when I'm done :) What will be nice is that I'll finally be able to get rid of some of my really old and falling apart plants and just use the good ones since I will be condensing 4 tanks into two.

Thanks for the imput!

#5 ·
It sounds great :)

I can't wait to see pictures!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.