Betta Fish Forum banner

My trip to Petco today

1K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  nochoramet 
#1 · (Edited)
So I went to Petco today, for me to check out the bettas, my boyfriend to get a betta, and my boyfriend's mother to get a bigger tank for her guppies. And I was very impressed! The bettas all were in clean, clear cups, I didn't see any dead ones, and they all looked very healthy! After I found "the one" (I pretty much snatched him after my boyfriend pointed him out to me) I started looking for guppy food for his mom. I personally know nothing about guppies so I had to ask one of the employees what kind of food they eat (lol) and he asked me if I was trying to feed the fish in my hand and I assured him I definitely was not. But I was impressed because he seemed knowledgeable about the fish! Anyways, enough of that. I found me a coot lil fishy!! His name is ZIM! He's a delta butterfly, and I personally think he's a dragon, just not one with well defined scales. I will stop rambling. Here he is!

#2 ·
I don't think he's a dragon(correct me if im wrong people lol) ..But he's a nice looking betta! Yeah, petco has clear water in their cups when I go as well. Thats where I normally get my bettas instead of petsmart. They look more alive lol.

#4 ·
You can't see it very well in these pictures, but in real life I really think he is one because he has those thick, iridescent scales. They just aren't very well defined. If he isn't a dragon, he at least has some dragon genes in him. i love him already <3 He's a cutiepie!

#11 ·
I remember Vulcan! He does kind of look like him, doesn't he? I actually considered Vulcan as a name :p I'm so happy right now, he's in the tank and he looks FANTASTIC with the light on him. What a beautiful fish! I'm like a little kid right now. I'll get pictures up very soon (like, probably tonight) because he just looks beautiful. He's giving Fru a run for his money as the pretty boy of the tank

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.