Betta Fish Forum banner

Siku reveals the TRUTH about his tail!

852 views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  LolaQuigs 
#1 · (Edited)
Alight everyone, many of you commented on my first thread in regards to my new rescue “Siku”, as we speculated about what type of tail he had. It appeared to be a fused double tail as it was separated into two symmetrical halves. WELL, now that I have had him for a week in a healthy environment, his tail is growing and changing and showing that it is actually healing. He must have been a tail biter or had/has fin rot. He is now being treated with medication just to be safe, and seems to be happy as a clam and growing like a weed! Lots of new fin growth all over, and his color is starting to change just a little!

#3 ·
Interesting! Because of his body shape near his fins I would've thought he was a double tail too. All that aside he is a gorgeous fish, and he matches your glowing egg which I want so bad!

I also love and want that tall plant which I think people say is non-aquatic, but I hope/wonder if what you have will work with the leaves above water.

#4 ·
@Kestrel- So far so good with the plant. I agree about the leaves above the water though. I removed his little filter and silk plants do deal with the water changes/medication for his fins. I am hoping in a week or so I can put them back in! He seems to be enjoying the extra swimming room, but I know he misses his leaves. As for the egg, it is a giant unpolished moonstone my uncle brought back for me from south east asia! I usually keep it on my dresser, but decided it was perfect for Siku (and safe, dont worry :)
@Sweeda88- Thanks!!

#6 ·
He has colored up so much! It's amazing what a little care can do.

#8 ·
He's so beautiful! How big is he noooow total? I absolutely love that lil guy, and his tank is great! So glad you saved the lil dear.

#9 ·
Blue Moonstone is one of my favorite stones. c:

The fish is gorgeous, too... his body type REALLY looks like a doubletail, though, that's so weird! :l

#10 ·
Thanks everyone! I think he is pretty stinkin' cute too :) Since he is growing so fast, I guess we will find out soon what type of tail he has. All the other fish at the petstore were VT (but 3 were dead), and one looked like a half moon but it's hard to say. Anyways, it is fun to watch the little guy change every day, thanks for the comments and support!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.