Betta Fish Forum banner

Divider Help

499 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Elsewhere 
#1 ·
I have two divided 10g tanks that are divided with Plexiglas as of today... Each has one male and one female on each side. There are NPT and I need to get some more plants too, but my problem is that the Plexiglas is completely see-through and they are freaking out. I need to know if there is any way that I can make the tank not see-through, like a spray paint or something. There are nine small holes in each Plexiglas barrier for the water flow to get through, but the Bettas can't get stuck in them. I really need an answer before tomorrow so I can get the supplies ASAP!

#3 ·
That's great simple idea, Glory, and much better than any coating I can think of.

OR...you can get some craft mesh and build a double-divider setup. Put your filter and heater between them, so:

-Hard to jump
-Hard to see through
-more even heat and water
-hide the plumbing, if done right

#4 ·
Take some craft mesh, and put some suction cups on it so it will stick to your plexiglass dividers. Then shove moss through the mesh at regular intervals, and stick it to the plexi. If you already have a NPT, the moss wall will look nice - and the mesh will take care of the sight problem until the moss fully grows in.

#5 ·
Thanks Hallyx. I learned about that from an electronics site. I was trying to diffuse a clear LED and someone gave me the same advice. I liked it because it was fast and free since I already had sandpaper. I figured the same principle would apply since the materials are similar if not the same.

#6 ·
Thank you so much for all of the advice! I think that I'll go with the mesh idea for four reasons-
1. I already prebought mesh in case the Plexiglas didn't work
2. With the mesh I don't have to take the fish out
3. I don't have any steel wool... :p
4. My dad is skeptical that it will work and won't buy me any... XD
But thank you so much, now I just need to get some suction cups!
Oh, and I now know for sure that both females are actually females. The boys have both made MASSIVE bubble nests for their 'girlfriends' :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.