Betta Fish Forum banner

Trouble with sorority

852 views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Gilbert 
#1 ·
I've been talking to my boyfriend about setting up a sorority in my empty 10 gallon.So my boyfriend thought it would be sweet to get me 5 female betta's while I was at work....Not thinking that I don't have enough decor or hiding spots for them all or have the tank cycled yet. sigh

So now I'm not sure what to do with them all. The pet store is now closed and I have no clue what to do.

I was thinking of putting them in my 20 gallon with my male but I don't know if that would work.

HELP :BIGsad:

#3 · (Edited)
Don't place them all together with the male, they will end up dead.
could you possibly take your male out of the 20 gal, and place him in the biggest vase or container you have?
I'm sure he will be fine for the night. Also I think your females shouldnt get into too much trouble during the night. Maybe add some containers (hiding places) for them for the night too, or else maybe you can place all of them in 5 different vases just for the night. anything would be better than their little cups.

#4 ·
I'll put my male in the 10 gallon for the night and the females in the 20. Ugh I so am not ready for a sorority =/

any good sites to read up on one?

#6 ·
I'll take some pictures as soon as I finish with the 10 gallon lol

#7 ·
Well I've been watching the girls and one is just trying to pick on the other girls but is getting her butt kicked. Her tail is all beat up. =(

#9 ·
So I was taking pictures of the girls. So hard!!!! They never stay still lol. I just noticed while taking pictures that the blue one looks a little fat? She's rounder on one side?

I wasn't sure as to how to feed them so I took the pellets and worms and would put it in front of each fish. Wanted to make sure everyone ate and no one was over fed. So I'm sure it's not from being over fed.

Any ideas on why she's like this?

Attachments

#10 ·
well she is stressed, you can tell by the horizontal lines running down her body. It could be that she is pregnant, however I don't know because of her stress lines.
So im guessing she might have a swim bladder problem or you over fed her? Bettas only feed like two tiny pellets in the morning and at night.
Hopefully someone more experience can give you a better asnwer.

#11 ·
I only feed them 2 in the morning and two at night. And at the time of the picture she ate like 6 hours before. So I really don't know =/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.