Betta Fish Forum banner

Slight swelling

2K views 31 replies 5 participants last post by  fishyinpa 
#1 ·
Hello again. Well this time I am worried about Morado. I was checking on everybody and his stomach area looks a little swollen. I checked my other males just to see how theirs looked,and they dont look like his. Is this the beginning of dropsy? Or could it be something else. He was overdue for a wc due to my unexpected er visit,so could not getting fresh water cause a problem. What do you recommend I could do for him. Just fresh water?

I do have blackwater extract still from using it for Elvis. Think that would help any? He is eating,but not sure bout pooping. I am gonna do a full change in a moment,so I will see if there is any in there. They didnt get fed for several days,so that should cleaned out their systems though. So im not sure.

Thanks.

#3 ·
Hmm maybe. Okay thanks. Hopefully a full wc will make him feel better.

#5 ·
I dunno. I was gonna try some daphnia on him. heck ill give all of them daphnia lol. Ill keep an eye on him. I think he always had a slight swell to his stomach though. Just seems a tad bigger now. Not anywhere as bad as the dropsy pictures though. But you can see his scales kinda pushed out.

#7 ·
Yeah. thats what i was looking at online and looks nothing like it really. But he hasnt been fed every day,so how could he be constipated or bloated lol. I guess it can still happen,but i dunno. I know they say give two small meals over one large,but heck i cant remember to do that all the time. Maybe ill try though.

#8 ·
So I asked my fishy friend (not a fish lol,but someone who knows lots bout fish) on facebook. I asked on a fish fan page bout Elvis and she replied me. She is very informative and helpful. Shes the one who recommended the blackwater extract for him. He is doing great,so I think she knows what shes talking about haha. So she agrees with the constipation/bloat scenario. Even with not feeding him everyday. Large meals at once can eventually lead to it I guess. So Ill treat him for that for now. Hopefully he gets better and its not more serious,like dropsy. Dont like the thought of that!!

#10 ·
Thats probably not dropsy since (if you were good) dont feed your fish live food (I hope).

#11 ·
Ya no live food here.

#13 ·
lol me too. i dont think my mom would like finding live food in the fridge haha.

i did a full change on Bella and Morado. ill get piccies later. While M was in the bucket,he went potty. Yay lol. Ill check and see if he looks swollen still when i get home.

Took me a long time to do two full wcs haha..ended up going to sleep way later than i planned on,so sore and tired today! ah well.

#15 ·
lol ill try...only one left is Fishy,no full wc there so yay! i think pandas are due again though...

#17 ·
Oh yeah. I am never done lol.

heres a picture that you can kinda see the swell.

#19 ·
So I dunno.

#21 ·
Hmmm..maybe lol...guess i just keep watching him...

#23 ·
crap. the swelling is worse. i can see the scales sticking out now. i think its dropsy for sure. now i am gonna lose two bettas :(

#25 ·
i dunno for sure. But what else makes the scales pop out? I gave him some daphnia last night. I cant really tell if any swelling went down or not. He still looks swollen.

I mean Elvis. He isnt doing too good either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.