Betta Fish Forum banner

Help me!!!!!!

458 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  weluvbettas 
#1 ·
I woke up this morning to find 6 of my white clouded mountain minnows dead on the bottom of my tank!! my betta yoshiko did not look good either! so i moved the fish that i had left into my community tank downstairs and they suddenly looked better.
I dont know what happened!!
but i did add a filter last night and when i looked at it the current from it did look strong is that why it happened?
PLEASE HELP ME!!!!
IM NEW AT KEEPING BETTAS AND I DONT WANT HIM TO DIE!!!!!:cry::cry::cry::cry:

#2 ·
it might be that you didnt cycle the filter. you could take some of the filter media from the community tank and add it to the filter in your betta tank thatll provide the bacteria you needed. there was no bacteria in the new filter and so nothing to process the biological waste which could have caused a ammonia spike that would have killed your fish. as for the current, i have tied batting onto the spray bar and thats done the trick nicely. good luck hope everybody is ok now.

#4 ·
the tank used to be home to my weather loach. its a 6 / 7 gallon tank . there were 7 whiteclouded minnows and my betta in the tank.
A heater (set at 79 farenheite) and a filter(the filter killed the fish i think)

and i would like to add that my betta yoshiko died this afternoon!!
he was murdered by one of my other fish in the commonity tank!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.