Betta Fish Forum banner

New baby betta

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  betta lover1507 
#1 ·

This is my new betta, I've named it Bob until I know for sure the gender. I got him from Petco 3 days ago. He seems pretty happy and VERY smart!

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what kind of betta this is, how old (I'd guess 2-3 months), and the gender. It might be too early to tell, but I figure some of you might have a better eye than I do. I keep trying to compare photos of adult bettas and it looks like this little one could be anything! :-D

See less See more
#2 ·
I'd guess its a female, due to the fin on its bottom(forget what its called). But its a tad too young to tell for sure, though more pictures might help :D

Also, I think its a VT, but it could surprise you to become a DeT or HM. Needs to grow out for that too :)

~Frost

#4 ·

Here's one I took just this morning. This little baby swims around too quickly for my digital camera, so I had to take several shots to get one as clear as this. I hope this helps. I might just wait another week or two and post more once s/he's grown a bit more. Although, I don't know if it's just wishful thinking or reality, but this baby looks bigger than it did when I got it a few days ago.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.