Betta Fish Forum banner

New crowntail

910 views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  freeflow246 
#1 ·
While it has only been a few days since Jalen died, I refuse to have a tank sitting idly in my house while bettas sit in cups on shelves. So I went out searching for a new occupant.

And I found the most crowntail that was labeled as a black orchid and I believe is a black orchid, although tell me if I'm wrong. I've wanted a dark crowntail for who knows how long, but he was $20 (heart attack) and I decided to see if I could find any sickly fish at the pet stores around here first.

Well they must have all gotten new stock because they were all pretty healthy except for a few fin biters. So I decided to swallow my pride and hand over my $20 because there was no way I was passing up that boy. One of the stock clerks gave me a $2 off coupon though, so there's that.

He's pretty healthy-looking and active, which is shocking considering how skank his water is. He's waiting in his cup while his tank water gets to room temp. I snapped a few pictures but he's a bit pale in them. The car ride freaked him out lol. I'll put them up in a sec.

#2 ·
I'm thinking about naming him Alduin, but my pride is making me reluctant to name him after a videogame character. And a dragon no less. But if there was ever a fish that resembled Alduin...

I'm also thinking maybe Nightshade. But meh. A bit dramatic?

Any name ideas?

There's also some red on his anal fin that practically disappeared after the ride home.

Dragon included because why not.

#3 ·
He definitely looks like the dragon! Congrats! Cute boy, I like the name, video game or not :D :D :D

#6 ·
how cute! Whats the name of that dark wizard guy? kinda famous, and no, not Voldemort, though that wouldn't be a bad name either haha

#8 ·
A few new pics! Sorry to revive an old thread but I didn't want to be annoying and start a new one.

So far I'm not sure if I'm going to name him Alduin or Dahlia (like the flower, black dahlia). He's started eating now and is still a bit skittish but not as much.

#11 ·
Thank you for all the kind words! I think I'm going to go with Dahlia. A little dramatic and gothic, just like him. :p Alduin was a close second, but my fish is a bit of a coward so perhaps naming him after a dragon isn't the best idea.

He's finally eating a bit more; I was able to get three bloodworms down his gullet today. He is coloring up a teeny bit, although he wasn't all that dull to start with (I think he hadn't been on the shelf long). He has a tiny metallic moustache that makes his mouth look wider. :p I'll try to get a pic soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.