Betta Fish Forum banner

Colored Gravel?

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  puppyrjjkm 
#1 ·
This is actually a really random question but just want to see what you guys think. So I am considering getting a 20 gallon long tank to divide for my 5 male bettas so they would each have 4 gallons. I have always used natural looking gravel, but I am thinking about using colored gravel for each of their "sections" in the tank. I would like to get gravel that really brings out their colors. So I have a black betta with orange fins, a black and red crowntail, one with a white body/red spotted fins, and a red body with white/red fins, and I don't have the 5th betta yet :) So any idea what color of gravel would bring out their colors? Do you think if each section was a different color it would kind of look funny? Thanks.

#3 ·
I think it's neat to bring out your fishs' color in the decor.

I did it with my divided 15 gallon but used natural gravel. Dark for my light betta and light for my dark betta. You could always go with natural gravel with the hues that you want to accent. Or you could go with the colored and it may look really good as well. I'll ask my mom what colors she'd think would look good- she's the artist in the house ;)

#4 ·
Thanks guys. I kind of like the natural rocks, especially if I could find some different hues, thanks! I think it would look a little weird with like black,pink, then yellow... Plus this being a birthday gift, I'm not sure the parents would like having to buy 5 different colors of gravel! :)

#6 ·
This is what mine turned out like.

Freshwater aquarium Aquarium Aquarium decor Apple pie Aquarium lighting

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.