Betta Fish Forum banner

tiny crayfish like creatures?

1K views 29 replies 14 participants last post by  ChicagoPete 
#1 ·
I have a 10 gallon filtered and has pea gravel and I took all the fish out so I could move it when I realised there were hundreds of tiny crayfish looking creatures about the size of a grain of rice swimming all over they came out of the gravel! Their cute but what are they and will they hurt my fish?

#4 ·
Never had any kind of shrimp in that tank. I've been trying to get a clear pic this whole time they look exactly like crayfish they have a thick torso with little antennae and a long tail that has loads of tiny little legs the only thing I can't see is any sort of pinsirs or claws and they are a gray color

#8 ·
They are litterally the size of a large grain of rice

The gravel has been in that tank for over a year now and I had added a live plant about 6 months back but my snails ate it the last time I took the whole tank down and cleaned everything was 3 months ago and they most definately weren't in there and neither was any kind of live plant added

#21 ·
It is all fun and games till they take over your tank, next day you come home and they are sitting on your couch drinking your beer and watching pr0n and then the pizza delivery guy shows up with five large pepperoni pizzas..

"Yo, can you get that for me.. I don't have any cash, cause I am a shrimp."

#22 ·
It is all fun and games till they take over your tank, next day you come home and they are sitting on your couch drinking your beer and watching pr0n and then the pizza delivery guy shows up with five large pepperoni pizzas..

"Yo, can you get that for me.. I don't have any cash, cause I am a shrimp."
The visual i got from this was epic cute!!! :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.