Betta Fish Forum banner

Where to buy plants online?

3K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  ChoclateBetta 
#1 ·
Where do you guys recommend buying plants online? I've been looking at this place: http://www.bobstropicalplants.com/shop/en/ because I like supporting "mom and pop" type places, and I like that they have pictures of everything.

My local Petco has plants, but they are usually half dead and $$ for just a small tube. Plus the ones not in tubes are never labeled and I'm not that great at identifying.

Any suggestions welcome!

#11 ·
Dumb question, when buying plants, what do you get with "one" plant? Like if I buy online and I add an anubias, is it just one stem? Is it safe to assume that it's about the same as what would come in a Petco tube?

#13 ·
Anubias and java fern would be one plant, if you get stem plants, usually it will be in a bunch (like 5+ stems unless otherwise noted), then sword plants are usually one, and then plants sold in pots you will normally get multiple plants, some, like crypts, will most likely need to be broken up if you want multiple plants. It is fairly easy to do, just getting their roots separated is the most annoying thing, since you want them to have a good root system, so they come back when they melt.

#14 ·
I normally get mine on Aquabid from MikesWetPets. Great Seller, low prices, LOTS of options, and cheap shipping. Press buy it now on 1 plant and add whatever else you want when you e-mail him. Always adds extras.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.