Betta Fish Forum banner

Here is the new boy - check him out!

807 views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  Tree 
#1 · (Edited)
Bought him today. He came from PetCo - debated hard between PetCo (mine does a nice job with their Bettas for the most part) and my LFS.

Daughter named him - Jewel. Haha
His cup from PetCo said he is a Halfmoon...
Seems happy so far in the 5 gallon...seems ok with the filter, likes his silk plants and I just gave him one lone NLS betta pellet.
I acclimated him for about one hour before letting him go free in the tank.
Added half a bottle of Dr Toms bacteria (holding the other half in reserve in case I need it a week or two down the road).
Hopefully it will be smooth sailing.

**Edited to apologize for all my pics being sideways - how do I fix that?!?!?!

Attachments

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
Ooh, nice! I love the green ones like that, and he's a nice, vibrant green. :) Good luck with him! :)

Oh, and to fix your pics being sideways:
First, how do you upload them? Do them come directly from a camera?

The way I do it is I upload from the camera, then I open them in Microsoft Paint (that old, old program that comes standard on every computer). This allows you to crop, change the size, and *rotate*. Just rotate them to the upright position, and then save.

From there, you can upload however you normally do, be it through facebook, photobucket, or any of the other picture-hosting-remote-linking sites. :) I hope that helps!! If not, then PM me, and maybe we can figure it out together. :)

#11 ·
Thanks all for the compliments. Tomorrow will be one week since we bought him.
So far - all is calm in his little 5 gallon world.
Today I topped the tank off with some treated tap water to make up for all the multiple daily water tests we've been doing and evaporation.
Tomorrow I will probably fast him.
He's been a good eater from the start....I use the NLS betta pellets and I have some frozen daphnia (that took some practice - but he LOVED it)...and some freeze dried bloodworms (I've not used them yet but will soak maybe one a week in tank water as a treat).

Hopefully all will continue to go well. My daughter picked him - and he's not the fish I'd have picked - but she did a great job because he's got a really fun personality about him. I think I'm enjoying him more than she is - hahaha....
Now...that 45 gallon tank we have...I could partition it and put HOW many Bettas in it?? :cool:

#12 ·
he is an amazing fish! =O

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.