Betta Fish Forum banner

male/female in split tank?

5K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  SmirffyLover189 
#1 ·
has anyone ever put a female in the same tank as two males ,of course with dividers? dose it work out? or is it a bad ideal?

#2 ·
I know some people on here that have males and females in the same divided tank. I tried it once but they weren't getting along so I had to separate them. You could try it and if it doesn't work, you could just put the males together and the female in her own tank or get another female to put in with her; that's what I did.

#4 ·
Doggyhog has a female betta between two males, you should ask her for advice. :)

#6 ·
Ohhh yeah!! It works and the boys loveeee it!!! The only problem I have is that the boys keep blowing their fins... LOL they love her so much... I've found it is a good thing for a tail biter to have a female next to him. It really distracts him so he doesn't bite his tail off.

#7 ·
thanks for the encoragement ya all... bty I bought a 30 gallon last night for 30 bucks!! what a blessing hu? Came with one of those drain you tank a ma jiggers so i feel really blessed and happy.. Kind of concerned that trying to find lil Jewel in that much water 1/3 of the tank might become a real chore... lol

#13 ·
Well i did it! only thing is that my lil Jewel is a tease. she gose from one male to the other and flirts. even got scooter to dig his way out to her side last night!! had to reinforce the bottoms with more gravel and such. I thought i had raise her better!

#15 ·
i moved jewel from the center saturday. she seemed really wore out even passed on food:shock:. may have been too much water current for her, anyway she still has this thing going on with scooter. but dos'nt seem -freaked out anymore. i think i'll try getting a few female as tank mate in a week or 2. slimey misses her. he has a hugh bubblenest going on.

#16 ·
I moved Jewel back to the center after removing the filter. Maybe it's me but Jewel seems to have gotten alot bigger since i put her in this tank? Funny creatures are these Bettas! They seem more interested in watching me than my family dose. perhaps they are just woundering what crazy thing i'm going to do to their home next! lol

#17 ·
I notice that there is lots of views on the thread and because of that i quess some are waiting for pics? Right now I don't have a camera to take pictures with. but i promise that i'll as soon as i can i'll put some upp. BTW betts love all that extra room. MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEARS to everyone, bye 4 now

#20 ·
lol yea i have my 10 gal divided bor my male and female and they have huge crushes on eachother but i think my male got frustrated that he couldn't get to her and started biting his tail :( imma buy some more plants tomarrow or the next day though so he cant see her as much...but if that doesnt work imma get him his own 5 gal and put him on my desk and turn my 10gal into my soroiety tank but dont really want to split them up :( so fingers crossed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.