Betta Fish Forum banner

Mar's Betta Journal

11K views 241 replies 10 participants last post by  lilnaugrim 
#1 · (Edited)
Welcome to my journal :)

This journal will mostly be about my bettas, with the occasional guest appearances of my other pets, Neona (cat) and Cara (dog).

It's mostly just a place to track my bettas' progress and growth and to record my thoughts.

So far, the bettas I currently own are:

Sorority:
Themis
Theia
Artemis
Venus

(Want pictures? Go to the third post here)

By themselves:
Athena

Males: (so far only 1)
New Betta - no name yet
Update: New Betta's name is Marine

RIP:
Dusk, always my favourite
Perseus, fought so hard
BB(Baby Betta) Your life was just beginning
(Want BB's story? Check out her journal here)

See less See more
#3 ·
Lol, I'm just waiting for her anal fin to heal, and as soon as that's happened, I'll slowly reintroduce her! I really want her back in too, she would make a pretty addition. Especially since she's a DT, which is becoming my favourite type lol.

Do you remember that post we had about how VTs could be really beautiful if they were interesting colours? (what thread was that in btw? lol)
I think I managed to find one! Marine's a VT and there was just something about him that caught my eye. I usually really dislike VTs and try to avoid them, because of how plain I found them to be. So me buying a VT definitely means something lol!

He's currently acclimating in the Fluval Chi, and I'll see if I can get any pics up for tomorrow!

#4 ·
lol yes I remember that but I have no idea on which thread it was XD

I hear you though! Gambit is a VT too and he's just simply gorgeous and bright! I can't wait to see Marine!!

#6 ·
Thank you! It was a toss up between him and an orange VT with cellophane edging and a darker orange head and oh man, it was a hard decision! But Gambit won because he was in more rough shape, the orange VT was more swim bladder issues as well as malnutrition.

As cute as the split is, it was way too close to his body and it would have caused a horrible infection had it kept continuing to his body. So no, I wasn't very happy with the split lol.

If you want to see a unique baby Betta go here: http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=205338

#7 ·
Lol oh God.
Well, it's good the split didn't cause a bad infection.

Ikr, I keep finding myself more and more drawn towards the orange VTs. I just really have something for them!

Marine's finally in the tank, and exploring. He hasn't flared at his tankmates (ADF) but if they happen to become a problem, I'll take them out, and put them back into their home.

yep, subbed to that thread. another silentstalker moment LOL.

#8 ·
Yeah exactly! So that's why i took him home to fix him up ^_^

Oh, MoonShadow has this beautiful reddish orange VT with cellophane edging and blue irid in the middle of the ray's, he's called Tang and hot damn, if he were up for adoption, he'd be mine! lol

I'm glad VT's are getting more color to them, people finally starting to breed them well again! They can actually be colorful if people get their act together and breed them correctly! What I really want is a True MG VT boy, mhmm! He'd be mine in a heart beat! He won't replace Rembrandt (in my avvie) but, that would be my favorite fish in the world!

lol stalker XD

#9 ·
I'll have to check out MoonShadow's VT
Marine kinda just opened up my eyes lol and I'm more interested in VTs now.

K, so I have no clue what MG stands for, I'm sure I know it lol, but it's just now coming up. So far I got Marbled Grizzle, wow.

#10 ·
Lol I hate when that happens XD MG is Mustard Gas, definitely know you knew that one ;-)

What does Marine look like?

#11 ·
LOL OH. Mustard gas, of course /facepalm

Uploading pics right now.
These pics are from my usual camera, so kinda the same quality.
However, I took some pics of him with a different, lower quality camera, but they turned out better than the higher quality one (10MP) ;o My opinion anyway lol.

As soon as I figure out how to upload from the low quality camera (7.2MP) then I'll post them here.

#12 ·
Had a bad camera day today, so the pics kinda suck lol.
Don't really show his true beauty.

You can't really see, but the end of his tail isn't gone, it's clear which is absolutely gorgeous in my opinion. (7.2MP camera will show it all lol)

I Adore the top of his head, so cute!

His eyes are really pretty! This is kinda blurry but it shows the colour nicely.

More pics soon!

#13 ·
Marine is so cute! I love his coloring!

#14 ·
Thank you! The pics on the other camera shows off his colouring much better! Kinda sad I haven't been able to upload them yet, but i'm still working hard :p

#15 ·
OH MY GOD! he's gorgeous!!!! Day-um! lol He definitely beats my Gambit out of the park!

Oh I love his little black face and the splashes of blue! He's so darling! I'm so glad you found him!!!!!

:love::nicefish::love:

#16 ·
Definitely not. Gambit and Marine are on par :p
He is so adorable. When I picked him up, he swam over to me,
opening and closing his little mouth. That was what tipped the scale of getting a VT. I'll post up his story once I get the pictures!

#17 ·
That's so adorable about Marine! I love when then do that...well sort of, that means I have to take them home and I don't have any more space or time to clean the tanks XD lol

#18 ·
Yeah lol, it's good that I had a tank up and running for a while, just waiting for a fishy. Lol I really pictured a HM in there or considered ordering a DT, never imagined I'd get another VT. But nope, he just had to be adorable.

#19 ·
He's totally worth it though! Bright colors and unique pattern and all! :-D

I mean, Gambit is nice a bright but he's not very unique, me thinks :) I think technically his pattern would be a variation of a wild type which is interesting but definitely not what I had been looking for! What I really wanted in a VT was a beautiful, true MG! Now that's hard to find lol but I am happy with Gambit, he's a little sass-ball too! haha

#20 ·
? :eek:

That's gonna be quite a hard search, if you ever find one, let us know! If I ever find one, I probably can't buy it, but I'll take pics and show XD

Also, do you think Marine is gonna marble and change colours? I really hope not :( What if he just becomes one solid boring colour? Well, at least we'll always have his eyes, they're gorgeous

#21 ·
I ADORE Marine! He might be as beautiful as Breme. (;

Where did you get him? He was a nice find. He might marble, or he could just be a grizzle. Mind if you send him to me? lol

#23 ·
Oh no, I hope that one day Marine will be half as beautiful as Breme :p
Hahah, if I ever need to give him away, you'll be the first I'll go to xD

I actually got him at my LPS, PetLand, which I HATE shopping at. I only go for their plants, and sometimes drop by to look at their bettas. Everything there is so overpriced, that I usually avoid going there. But for some reason I get my prettiest bettas there, even though they sell for much more than I'd prefer. They also take pretty bad care of their bettas now for some reason. :(

#25 ·
Depends on which Petland you're talking about lol.
But the one near my house has just totally declined in their fish care. I have no clue why, haven't noticed a change in staff. Maybe they're busy with the renovations.

Well, even if Marine does marble, I hope he retains the colours he has now

#27 ·
Thanks for giving him to me in the near future. I'm setting up a nice planted 3.5 if it makes him happy. xD And there aren't any Petlands I've heard of in the east. Are they only in Canada? I wish I lived there, maybe have a pet moose. lol jk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.