Betta Fish Forum banner

Hi there! Trying to be a better betta keeper.

956 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  waterdog 
#1 ·
Hi everybody.

I'm Kaxen.

I'm not exactly new to owning bettas (well, I had some when I was a little kid. One died when my mother washed his tank with dish soap and one died of old age... or maybe something I didn't know to look for back then because I am pretty sure he wasn't 5 years old unless he was sitting in that PetCo for a very long time), but I apparently am not taking care of them as best I could. :oops: Reading up and working to fix that now.

Currently I have a pink female veiltail named Addie and she's living in a 1 gallon tank with moss balls named Doug (used to be one big ball, but it fell apart so they're all named Doug!) and she's around 2 years old now. She's pretty spunky and active and often watches what I'm doing.

I also have a blue male crowntail in a .3 gallon tank because my 8-year-old cousin asked me to petsit and always forgets to take him home... and she took such bad care of him that he was living in green water and half his tail is missing and he barely responded to food at first, so I'm sort of bent on rehabilitating him and he has been becoming more active lately.

In the process of getting a new bigger tank. No one in my family believed me at first when I told them I needed a bigger tank. But they're changing their minds. Just need to decide where to put the new tank. Probably on my desk in my bedroom, but then my mom pointed out I would be doomed if the aquarium ever broke open... but an aquarium probably shouldn't shatter, right? Well, I've been looking at the Hawkeye 5 gallon because I can't seem to find a 2.5 gallon tank that wouldn't cost about the same as a 5 gallon tank. Halfway between wanting to just keep my cousin's fish forever and sending him home with her with an appropriate tank and a laundry list of things she should be doing (her parents got it for her to test her for having a dog... so she's kind of failing miserably...)

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.