Betta Fish Forum banner

I got a tough girl *rant*

819 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  a123andpoof 
#1 ·
So I have a 10g with 3 dividers. Well the divider between Sakura and Aki shifted and somehow she got through. Now this isnt the first time, but I always notice it right away. And I believe it is her mission to get over to him. I dont know why but she likes him quite abit. So went to do a daily check on them and what do I find her on Aki's side. *sigh* thankfully neither of them are seriously hurt. He has some torn fins and she is perfect. She just sat on the bottem watching me not even afraid of him. I am working on an all female divided tank. This is just getting on my nerves. I am no longer afraid of them killing each other. (they are together such short periods of time.) but I dont need aki's fins torn to shreds. So I am also going to petsmart hopefully tomorrow and getting some aquarium silicone so I can make the dividers perment and wont have this problem! I felt bad though cause I had to make sure I took Akis bubble nest away. I didnt see any eggs, but wanted to make sure. Last thing I need right now is a bunch of babies.

#2 ·
Aw! My betta got through a divider too somehow. He jumped over I think. I didnt even notice because I was downstairs for a couple hours and now my halfmoon has a huge chunk out of his tail :(

#3 ·
Yeah she got in over night. Lots of tail missing. I come home from shopping and there she is again *sigh* anyways they are all going into my empty 10g while I fix the dividers up. Hopefully by Wedensday they will be back in their tanks. Then I am doing it to the extra 10g XD

#4 ·
aw man I hope she doesn't do anything. maybe you should cover them so they dont jump

#5 ·
She isnt jumping. She is sliding through the dividers somehow. I check for spaces she could squeeze through on a daily basis, but somehow she is getting through. The water is about 3 inches low, and then the dividers a little taller than that, so she aint jumping. And there is a hood.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.