Betta Fish Forum banner

My betta damaged his fins!

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  kpullen89 
#1 ·
So my new guy Valentine is a crazy energetic betta. The strange/stupid thing he likes to do is burrow under his rocks. He has plants to hide in, why does he do this?? The silly fish got himself stuck under the rocks and his dorsal(top) fin is damaged along with the surrounding scales..he looks scraped up. I had to actually move around the rocks to help him get out. Hopefully he learned his lesson..but will his fins ever be the same? His scales will recover, right? I'm using Bettafix to help him heal..I know that stuff is controversial but thats the only thing I have and I'm a poor college kid on a budget..

:( I feel so bad for him!

#3 ·
Well I woke up this morning to find him dead. :( This is the second new fish this week that has randomly died.. All of my other 3 fish that i've had for over 3 years are still healthy as ever. I've never had this much bad luck with bettas, are they not as hardy as they used to be? Sure seems like it to me.. I'm ready to give up on finding a new one..

#5 ·
That could be it. Thanks anyways!

#7 ·
Greynova27 I think you may have me confused with someone. Luckily, I bought this guy from Petco so I'll get my money back. I've heard a lot about aquabid but I've never bought fish on there, probably because I'd be afraid to lose them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.