Betta Fish Forum banner

Live Foods?

441 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Fawnleaf 
#1 ·
Hay guys!

I have a betta sorority and a male!! Proud!! lol But I've been feeding them pellets (they love them!) and I am going to give them frozen blood worms as a treat every Saturday night (starting next week). However, I was wondering if live foods were better? I would love to try to give them some live foods, something to chase. :) But what would you suggest, if anything? I don't have too much room, no extra tanks, but I could set up a large bowl if needed. Please nothing expensive or gross (like live worms) but I'm open to suggestions!!! :)

Also, when you add your suggestion, could you please mention what kind of benefits the girls would get?

Thanks!
~Alissa

#3 ·
What do they require? I COULD get them a one gallon tank w/ filter, but no heater... how would I get them? Do I get them as eggs or live? Will they breed in captivity? That would make my Dad happier so we don't have to go to the petstore. (My dad is obsessed with keeping me away from there! URGH!) They don't need heaters, do they? Would they be just a treat for them or a regular meal? I'd probably feed them pellets, regularly though. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.