Betta Fish Forum banner

Please help me with my little sister's betta!

938 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Fusion MK 
#1 ·
Okay so my little sister's betta tink has some kind of discoloration in the skin. It was a golden fish and now its skin has black highlights. It also has some kind of silver-ish coloring under it going from the end of its head to the tip of its body I don't know what it is.

It has also been acting kind of strange it leans to one side and it is always doing flips. Its fins look like they are peeling and at one point its gils were puffed out like a blow fish...i usually change its water and i make sure the water is treated. It is also fed every evening about 4 or 5 pellets.

#2 ·
Do you have any pictures, it could be the beginnings of fin rot or it could just be his coloring coming in.

The leaning and flips could be that hes just a weird fish, or he could have something more serious like SBD. If I were you I would not feed him for 1 maybe 2 days and see if he gets better, if not then its probably not SBD, just to narrow your options a bit. Maybe instead of feeding 4-5 pellets at once try feeding 2-3 two times a day.

Also the face blowing up is probably just him flaring, this is perfectly normal,bettas doit when they are fighting, breeding, see their reflection, or if they are just bored and feel like it. It probably looked like this:

#3 ·
Its either velvet (discoloration) fin rot

or he is flaring at something, which is normal.

#4 ·
It could also just be normal, it the betta is young and not fully mature. If it is a male, they should go through this stage. But for the flipping, I do not know.

Water Parameters?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.