Betta Fish Forum banner

Thai-Viet-Malay Plaket Spawn Log

26K views 203 replies 25 participants last post by  tanseattle 
#1 ·
Here is the parents. They already did it. There are so many fries. I will try to take picture of the fries later. Fries are now 3 days old.

Father (Thai PK) and Mother (Viet-Malay PK):

See less See more
#21 ·
Good luck. I hope that cures them.

I have no experience with coppersafe but I did read a story where a guy was treating with copper based medicine and it didn't work. Turns out he was using a dechlorinator that also removed metals from the water. So becareful of that.

#25 ·
Since the first day free swimming, I fed them MW and small amount of decap. I do the same any meal.

In addition I feed them 3 meals a day. The second meal of the day I have over 90% of decap and only small MW. I also put in decap when I left to work so if they hungry the only option left is decap since most likely they already eat every MW already.

I saw some spit out but many take in and keep it. So I kind force them to eat decap or else.

Tan

#26 ·
Today I change 80% of water and treat ick fry with coppersafe. My tank is not completely full so I use about 7ml coppersafe for about 7gal of water. The direction is not clear; it says 5ml per 4gal of water. But it did not say amount for fry so I use little less but still almost full dose.

I hope they are ok.

#27 ·
This is now 2nd day with coppersafe with full dose. The fries seem to be ok. I wonder if water conditioner will neutralize copper? I think the treatment may have some + respond. Still early to tell. I have about 100-200 fries. They will be 3 weeks this Monday.

#28 ·
Sorry your fry are having problems. Hope they make it to adult.

TBH, your fry looks OK to me (both in picture and video). Not sure if the picture isn't really showing fry's real appearance. Remember, I'm not there. You are. So you have to trust your instinct/judgement.

I'm not sure what the spots are. They may be first sign of color. You are there to see them (I can only guess from explanations and pictures). The first signs of trouble are clamped fins and lethargic fry. Then they will lose their appetite and swim oddly (by the time they act different would probably be too late and you will start losing some).

You did the right thing by taking precautions. But if fry are not lethargic, I'd reduce medication to "prevention" (usually half of med). Not sure how reliable this is; some say copper based meds may do more harm than good. I've never used it on small fry but used for 2.5 cm and above hasn't given me problems except (MAYBE) betta becomes dependent on meds.

I wish you the best of luck. Hope they grow to adults.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.