Betta Fish Forum banner

The Betta 'Bowl' Rant Thread

14K views 128 replies 29 participants last post by  Slipstitch 
#1 ·
#3 ·
That stinks. The overall rating was bad, but if you read the reviews 2 people thought it was excellent and 1 just didn't like the small opening. But 1 said the mud puddle-rice field controversy.

A betta couldn't even turn around in 6 oz.

#4 ·
I know. For some reason people think Betta don't like to swim. They do, though! I have my new Betta in my 10 gallon, which I plan to divide, and he LOVES the space. He's even swimming through the hamster tube I have in there at the moment. He's SO cute!

#5 ·
I first got my betta in a 1.5 gallon. I quickly wanted bigger. I looked at a lot of 3-5 gallons, but then settled on a 10 gallon. I feel so good about it, but now I want another tank.

#6 ·
You really could divide it. 5 gallons for a Betta is plenty. But that's obviously your choice. I decided to divide my 10 gallon in 2 parts instead of the 3 I was planning on. I know my fish will be really happy.

#12 · (Edited)
#14 ·
How can the bettas breathe in the back of a toilet? Whoever makes these thing has a lot of tiny betta skeletons in their closet. The iPond actually looks cool, but not to the fish.

#43 · (Edited)
OMG, I thought it was a wallpaper, too. I just thought it was one of those "student PhotoShop project class assignment" thingies, you know?

And now I present to you, the WORST "any type of fish" bowls that I have found. *ahem*

Exhibit A, please take the time to scroll down to the bottom to the reviews section and find the ONLY 5 star review. Note as well, how poorly PhotoShopped it is. Advice to tank buyers, if it looks fake chances are they've never "tested it" (couldn't think of anything else that would go there >_<)

Exhibit B, yes I am aware that it is similar to Exhibit A. I ask you to note the price for it and that as I am posting this there are 2 left in stock.

and last...

Exhibit C, how freaking cute would this look on a desk somewhere? Holding pens and pencils? Although I think it would clash a bit with my Oriental theme that I accidentally started on my desk, I still want one for that purpose only!

Also with Exhibits A & B, click on "Aquavista" to see what else they have (picture frame aquariums, wall mounted TV like aquariums, one is even referred to as a TV aquarium--no joke, page 2 last image).

Um, I think that's all I have for right now. I usually lurk around Amazon, eyeballing some aquariums thinking about the day I have my own place and can have a fish room. :)

EDIT!
*annoying Breaking News music*

Okay, I think I found the worst of the worst betta fish tanks. Again, found on amazon.com.

Exhibit D, "You know what the best aquarium is? One that tells you the time, date, and outside temperature AS WELL holding your office supplies. What more could you ask for?" <-Sorry, got a little carried away with my inner infomercial voice. But again, if it looks PhotoShopped then DON'T BUY IT!

#18 ·
It stinks that so many people are sooooo easily fooled by the evil CEO's of the Pet stores.I wish that somebody with their power could inform the world about the woes of the betta comunity...

#20 ·
Those little tanks are just awful. Though I think they would be fine as hospital tanks, or to put your betta in while during water changes, but not a permanent home. Had a friend how used the tank that you could also put plants in and had two male bettas in it. Ugg I was so mad, tried convincing her that was not a good home for them and of course she wouldn't listen. Those poor fish :( they didn't make it

#23 ·
#24 ·
Look at these!

http://www.amazon.com/Aqua-Box-Bett...ZO/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1293225825&sr=8-11

You know, what I don't get is people write bad reviews for a product, and then go out and buy it! I'm sure it's happened plenty of times.

For ex. everyone on yahoo answers says "Bettas need at least 5 gallons, though that's a bit small. 10 gallons is a standard Betta tank." But those people have half gallon Betta bowls!!! Seriously you can tell on their avatars... sheesh..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.