Betta Fish Forum banner

Floating Plants

3K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  ChoclateBetta 
#1 · (Edited)
I am looking for a good source for some anarchis/elodea or similar floating plants my betta can hang out in at the top of his tank. My local store has some but I really want a nice rich green sample.. not one that has brown leaves. Also is my 19w bulb going to be enough or should I upgrade? My moss balls are just fine.

#3 ·
It's a 10 gallon and I use Equilibrium but that's all the additives. No tank mates at this time. Debating some kind of algae eater tho.

#4 ·
I've looked into trying to replace the light. I guess Life Glo is a good one? But the bulb in the hood is 18" and the only 18" bulbs I can find anywhere are only 15w.. this one is at least 19.. so I would think it'd do better..

#8 ·
Thanks guys! I ended up biting the bullet and got an aquaticlife t5ho fixture. I'll pick up some additional moss balls and elodea soon :)

#10 ·
if you are still looking mikeswetpets on aquabid has great deals on his anarchis and what not, and low cost shipping. Sent me double what was advertised on the auction page.

#12 ·
Ooh.. thanks for the info on mikewetpets.. I was searching forever for hornwart, luckily found a really awesome breeder in one of my groups that is sending me a bunch for partial shipping. But will keep mike in mind for any future purchases :)

#13 ·
Thank you I'll check them out. :) I still may need to buy more if my plants don't bounce back.. I'll take some pics tomorrow night. They are not happy.. like I said some look REALLY good but most just plain black.. that can't be good..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.