Betta Fish Forum banner

What works best for popeye?

548 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  TheCheese909 
#1 ·
Out of these 3 medications, which one would you say works best? My oldest boy just got popeye, which i've dealt with before on another Betta but that was a long time ago.

API Fungus Cure

Maracyn

Maracyn 2

I know there are other medications out there that work well too but currently these are all I have.

I've also already tried some ES baths but those are a hit and miss and this time it was a miss, so I'm just wondering which people have had more luck with for popeye.

#3 ·
I've heard different things about using aquarium salt, so i have a question about that too.

Some people say to never use aquarium salt for popeye since aqs is mainly used for other external issues like ick, fungus exc. and that it could hurt the eye. But i've also heard of people saying to use it for popeye that it would/could help.

Any say there?

#5 ·
I'm not worried about the aquarium cycle since he got popeye during a move from one side of the house to the other. He was out of his home aquarium for about a week and in a qt. Maracyn is what i've used before for popeye and it worked perfectly, I used it again this time and he was better in 4 days and is now fine and happy back in his remodeled aquarium. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.