Betta Fish Forum banner

i think my fish are sick

769 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  valerie a 
#1 ·
both of my fish are lethargic and one has a swollen eye and looks like it has a caterac in it. any advice?

#3 ·
Hello valerie a,

My first suggestion would be for you to read the Sticky at the top of the page, General Betta Care and FAQ, written by Cody.

Once all these guide lines have been done or provided and if you are still experiencing a problem with your Bettas, please post with the following information,

Tank size
Equipment
Decor
Water temperature
Water Parameters, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, PH.
Water change schedule= how much and how often is the water being changed?
How long have you had this Betta?
Tank mates if any
When did the problem start?
What are you feeding, how much and how often?.

This information will help the people here to be able to help you and your Betta.

Hope this helps. The people here do want to help you.

#4 ·
Dalt584 said:
How often do you change your water. Sometimes too much bacteria in the water and under they rocks.
i change the water about 1-2 weeks, i have changed nothing in thier routine, ive had them about 8 months. i noticed the problem two days ago, i use purified water. i feed them beta bio gold by hikari and i add betta basics to the water, i have done this since i got them. they are in a 2 gal tank with a divider.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.