Betta Fish Forum banner

Price of Betta's in the UK

654 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Tomsk 
#1 ·
Hey,

As per title really! Ive been lurking for a little while now, and since ive now got a spare 3 gallon from my old goldfish i think its time i get myself a little Betta. The Goldfish are in a 20 gallon all to there selves now, so there having a ball considering theres only four of them!.

Im just wondering where i can get a Betta in the uk? and the price to. My Mum told me that they were at a garden center/fish shop a few weeks back and they had Bettas for £9.50, does this sound realistic? as i showed her a picture and she swore it was a Betta, but i know what her memorys like lol!.

So any advice much appretiated,
Thanks folks and merry christmas,
Craig.

#2 ·
I've paid $12 US for my half moon. I don't know what the 9.50 converts to in US dollars. Bettas also love hiding in silk plants and decor that have holes in them. Some people have clay pots in their tanks and smash them a little so it has holes and I think they look great! I hope you can find a pet store that sells them! Good luck!

#3 ·
The price difference between Australia and US is huge (such as a half moon here can be around $25AUD sometimes!) so I'm assuming there would be a difference between US, AUS & the UK. Hopefully we have another UK member that can help out!

But good luck with the search :)

#4 ·
Well, regular vts are like 3-4 dollars here, but can get up to live 10 dollars.

#5 ·
Pets at home Sell them mate (all large UK branches)

aat £5.99 Funny how recently pets at home are really really looking after their betta's.. (IF you buy from Pets At Home) Take their advice with a pinch of salt and check with somebody here first, Their advice sucks..

Also Most Aquatic centers sell them starting from £5.00 upwards, The rarer the tail type or colour, the more you will probably end up paying

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.