Betta Fish Forum banner

Fin gone!

390 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  ANHEL123 
#1 ·
i recently got my first betta a red male named kato, after a few days at home his fins began looking ragged and torn! any ideas how to fix this?

#2 ·
Do the fins have black tips or do they look like they were just ripped off. If there are any pointy/sharp objects they could be ripping the fins, they are very delicate and some fake plants will rip them, or he could be a tailbiter, they usually bit their own tails when stressed or bored, maybe he got stressed going into a new home? Some ppl take a pantyhose and rub their deco along it, if it gets stuck on pantyhose then itll get stuck on the fins. A picture would help :) If the tips are black then its fin rot and if its just started the best cure is lots of water changes, if its alittle worse then 10 days of 1tsp a gallon water changes should help.

#4 ·
Sorry i want to add something to Punki recommendation. Punki forget to say that it 1 tsp of the AQUARIUM salt. It 1tsp/gall for 10 days with 100% daily water changes. And u can QT him so it easier to change the water. Also it better to pre-mix salt in 1gal jug to make correct daily dosage.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.