Betta Fish Forum banner

two new friends, pic heavy

937 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Firefly85 
#1 ·
I couldn't help myself, I have had such a rough week and since my stepdad took me and my daughter out on Friday to cheer me up.
He bought us all new shoes, and then I couldn't resist going next door to petco, and bam two new friends.

My daughter (she is a toddler) tried to pick out several fishes (betta), she loves to hold the cup. Anyway while mommy was looking she pushed as side one betta and I fell in love with an orange Vt. She then looked up at mommy and said mine, and i caved.
I was so weak i also brought home a baby betta as well.
Name Ideas, and for all you experienced with young betta how old does the baby look? it is about 1.2 in

also I want to show you how disgusted I was when i tested the cup water. the male vt was about 4.0 range and the baby was at a 1-2 range

Here they are
first in cup as soon as i got home

then floating in new home

And finally last night once they seemed happy and more relaxed

I hope you all like my pic's
and both are eating very well, i am about to do my daily wc for the baby, I have been getting my water ready first thing in the am, so it is ready right before bed. I am feeding the little one several times a day so far so good.
as always i welcome any advice. :-D

See less See more
#5 ·
Aww, glad you brought them home :)

The baby looks very young, as she is still quite brown and stripy. I don't have any babies, so I can't give you a real age, but I'm sure one of our breeders will know.

Also, love the VT :) I have a soft spot for them!

#6 ·
I am soo happy with both of them, I think we are going to call the Vt Cheeto becasue that is what my husband said his color looks like.

I think the baby is a crown tail Female, since she is eating like a pig,I feed her 3 times a day, and i thought i saw vertical breeding bars.I think i am seeing some rapid growth already. I am about to do her water change and hope to get new pic's up.

My sister hopes she turns out to be a marble tho.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.