Betta Fish Forum banner

my betta doesnt do bubble nests anymore???

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Confishius 
#1 ·
i have a crowntail in a ten gallon heated and filtered tank(soft filter) with lots of space to swim lots of plants and two caves he hasnt done a bubble nest in like 3-4 months i dont know what wrong with him...

#2 ·
Most likely, nothing is wrong with him. Keep his water clean and warm so that he is healthy. Bubble nests don't indicate that a fish is happy, they make them because that's what they do. They mark territories and are used for breeding. My betta did the same thing, he stopped making nests for a few months. If you show him a female, he might make on again.

Reactions: Hallyx
#3 ·
AlphaBetta is absolutely right. Bubble nest is not indication of the health at all. In fact i saw a lot of sick bettas in the store that still had bubble nest in the cup. I had 10 bettas and i would say may be 4 of them making it. My 5.5 years old betta may be built it a few times in his life , but obviously he is old and happy grandpa. So don't worry. The symptoms that you would worry are behavior changes(lay on the bottom more than usually, hanging on the top in one spot, darting, refusing to eat..etc), visual symptoms on his body.

#4 ·
I am glad I am not the only one wondering about this! I too have seen this with my betta and was curious. Thank you Sammy14 for asking and glad your fishy is doing good! And thank you AlphaBetta1 and ANHEL123 for answering, phew! Some websites say that they do it when they are healthy.. :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.