Betta Fish Forum banner

It's been a while!

899 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Jupiter 
#1 ·
Hey everyone! Summer has been pretty busy for me, so sorry I poofed! I went back to stay with my parents, and I was helping my dad out with his business.

Anyway, this week's my last here before I have to return to college. :-(

Sad news about my bettas...

If you remember, I had bettas everywhere. My sister and dad were taking care of my sorority at home along with MAC, Pony Boy, and my No Name white betta. Which did not end well for them, though No Name is still okay.

When I was returning home, I had to leave my ten gallon split with my other boys with my aunt until I could go pick it up in a month.Unfortunately, my aunt has never been keen on fish keeping, and she's really too busy with a baby and everything, so I can't blame her.

When I came back to get the tank, it was FILTHY. Really, really bad. Van Gogh had passed, Corona died the day I got there, and Othello and Renard were very stressed.
I cleaned the tank and refurbished it when we got back, but Renard was really sick. He got dropsy and died two days later, which devestated me. I had seperated Othello, so he's still okay. So after cleaning the tank again, I now have it split between my no-name boy who has grown some spots since I last saw him) and Othello (whos tail is growing back beautifully).

Lesson learned, never keep so many bettas that you can't take care of them all yourself!

And theeen two weeks ago, I added a very sweet girl to no name's old 3 gallon. Gemma's like a violet colour. She's big and stocky like Gloria was, also very boisterous and a jumper like her! :cool:

So anyway, I will probably keep it to 3 for now, especially as my upcomming college year will be very busy. Gemma will be sharing the 10 gallon tank with Othello and no-name once I move back, so we'll see how it goes.

Sorry for the novel! Lol. How has everyone else been? It looks like we have a lot of new members.

See less See more
#6 ·
Thanks! I'm glad I wasn't forgotten. :p

I've lost my camera...cord..that connects it to the computer. I'll try to look for it tomorrow and take some pictures.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.