Betta Fish Forum banner

Nephilium, my new male betta

535 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  horsyqueen 
#1 ·
I went to Pets at Home to get some gravel for my new tank. So I went there and while waiting for my dad to come slowly I wandered to the fish section. The shop assistant was recommending fish for a community set up. She was saying wrong info. Then when she went out the room the little girl spotted some of the male Siamese fighters and said she wanted on in the tank. I was shocked as tetras shouldn't really go with Betta fish and a lot of the males I have had don't like fast tank mates especially the long finned Betta's i have had. So I had to walk up to them and politely say that Betta fish don't tend to mix well with other fish. I couldn't risk saying the female betta's can do a little better as in the shop they labeled some Plakat males as females.
Then I went back to look at the betta's, in the corner of one tank was Nephy. His tank mates were Neon tetras and a cichlid all stuffed in a small tank. He looked very scared in the tank. There were other betta's in the same situation but I could only get one.
My dad came and I pleaded him to let me buy Nephy. In the end I managed to get him.

Hes a very sweet fish and only eats live food, lucky now that's what I tend to feed my fish mainly. His tank is a little open at the top but for christmas hes getting plants.

See less See more
#2 ·
He looks emerald! Nice.

#5 ·
Great color! It's hard to find any type of green on a betta!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.