Betta Fish Forum banner

Triple sulfur or tetracycline for fin melt?

1K views 13 replies 3 participants last post by  Kels 
#1 ·
What one would you guy suggest for bad fin melt?

Will be putting him into a 2g heated bowl to treat.

so Triple sulfur or tetracycline what one would be best to use...

Thanks again....

#4 ·
this is a pretty bad case.... so i truly feel one of these meds will be the way to go.

My brother Friend said he treated really really bad melt with Kanaplex and since my LPS has it, so i think i'm going to go pick this in a litte, if no one suggest the Triple sulfur or tetracycline

#6 ·
Being treated.

Johns being treated in his 1.5g bowl being floated in his tank to stay warm, I have him at 82 (is this to hot?) i put his floating log in there with him, he loves that thing.

Treating with kanaplex, he already looks like he perked up. will do 2nd dose tomorrow. Lets hope this helps him!
Now to get my water in check!

I took my water to the LPS to be tested and was still high in ammonia, since i live across the street they tested there tap water and that read high in ammonia too.

So no only is our water high in ammonia(i guess) it also has a high ph. (i've always had high PH.

To help get my cycle going they gave me a bag of gravel to put into my filter. I'm going to take my water back and get it tested again tomorrow.

#11 ·
I'm not sure. I live on a north Atlantic island so I have to order mine off ebay. They're cheap though, to ship 60 from Malaysia to Newfoundland it cost me like 5$ and like 3$ for the leaves. Might have even been free shipping, I don't remember.

#13 ·
You can do up to 3 doses of Kanaplex before you do a 100% water changes, but with something of that size I would go ahead and do a 100% change before redose, because that's every second day.

#14 ·
I didnt change the water today for his 2nd dose (wasnt sure if i could so i thought better safe then sorry) BUT tomorrow before the 3rd dose i will do a %100 wc and then give his meds to that water. Lets hope we see some progress tmorrow. WILL get vitachem tomorrow, found it at a store finally!

thanks again everyone. He seems frisky today, just a little taddered(spelling,brainfart)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.