Betta Fish Forum banner

How many Bettas do YOU have?

3K views 42 replies 28 participants last post by  ChristinaRoss 
#1 ·
Im curious about how many Bettas people have. It seems to be a real addiction once you get one. LOL

In the past week alone, Ive bought 6 males and 5 females.
And this week, Ive even gotten a 65 gallon to divide up for some of the males. My females are a sorority in a 55 gallon.

Im sure Ill be getting more :)

#2 ·
I have 4 girls right now in a 10 gal. Just bought 2 of them yesterday, but I already want more!

When I go back home for Thanksgiving I'm taking my sister's 5 gal and throwing a male Betta in there...and I might get a 2.5/3 gal in the future for another male. 8)

That's about all the space i have in my room.

#6 ·
i jst thought id let everyone know theres a sale on gallon size betta vases thru today. regularly priced 3.75 now they are half off! get 2 for the price of one!

i know their not ideal in size, but, for an emergency or a sick tank (say you have tank with dividers)like i do, and u need to get them out of the tank to treat, theyd be great.

or great or until u can get a tank at least 2.5 gallon

i dont know if this sale is everywhere, im in South Carolina, but i think they do nationwide sales

#17 ·
By pink kissing fish, do you mean kissing gourami? My dad has one of those in a 75 gal and he's a big bully. Just a heads up, yours might be different.

And are you keeping your goldfish in that 30 gallon? Because those are coldwater fish, not tropical. And Bala sharks will grow out of a 30 gal quite quickly.

Sorry if you already know all this, just making sure. :p

#18 ·
I have 11 bettas right now...10 males and 1 girl. I was thinking about breeding, but I don't have the time or the money to put towards a big tank etc. I was watching one of my DT males building a bubble nest tonight and it was so neat. My mom and sister think that I'm crazy because I love my fish, but hopefully they'll come around.

#19 ·
Lets see....I have 8 :lol: Little did I know what I was getting into when I got Sasuke....
The girls: Nami(DT), Tetsuya(DT), Phoenix(I suspect shes a Combtail), Mira(VT, a rescue, almost has her tail back :)), and Shiva(CT)

The boys: Sasuke(VT), Supernova(CT), and Smore(DT)

I'll likely end up with a couple more males in the near future, I'm going to talk to my LPS about my dream betta(yellow HM)and see if they can set one aside for me if they ever get one in. And they get these gorgeous black males on occasion(HMs or DTs I believe)and I may not be able to resist them....:lol:
And hopefully one day I'll try my hand at breeding :) I look forward to the experience of raising something other then guppies and platys xD

#21 ·
I just have 1 Male DT Betta in a 6gal. I want lots more but I think I'll just get 1 more. This one will be a CT in not as big of a tank =]. I was thinking a marineland 3gal for the next one. This wont be for awhile though as I'm still trying to set up my 40 gallon community tank and buy a new light for my 10 gallon haha. I hate it when things start breaking down all at once.

#22 ·
I have 7 atm, 3 VT males and 4 VT females. Probably 2 or 3 more girlies on the way in the near future to complete my sorority. And one goldfish who found his way into my kitchen today, I'm going to try my hand at planting a tank, and I didn't want any of my betta's to be disturbed by my new hobby, until I've figured out what I'm doing..

#26 ·
oh no! ive added more

well im up to 11 males and 12 females as of today lol

more to come!

#29 ·
my betta numbers keep rising lol

is there a BA bettas anonymous

#30 ·
I only have two. But in the future I can definitely see me having big tanks.. or lots of smaller ones bc I love my males :D

I may divide the 10 gallon tank Im going to get into 3 and get a crown tail.. or just keep him in one of the smaller bowls.

#32 ·
I have 6 and an extra 10 gal tank......

My fish are in my signature so I won't bother typing it again :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.