Betta Fish Forum banner

Is my betta's tail okay?

803 views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  bannlow2471 
#1 ·
He's a fast little booger, so this is the best shot I could get (I put a piece of my husband's work paperwork behind the tank so you could see it a little better). Truthfully I can't remember if his fins were like this when we got him a month ago. I know they weren't perfect, though. Is this something I need to intervene on or is it typical? What can I do? Thanks!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
What do you think is wrong with him? He looks like a healthy crown tail to me. But then I have never owned a crown tail.
Truthfully I'm new to owning a betta, so I'm not even certain the difference between all the varieties. I just see other pictures of bettas and their tails seem less... shabby? Just wanting to make sure this is common for his "type". He seems very healthy/happy.

#3 ·
I'm a Betta neophyte so I honestly have no clue but it seems normal to me. Beautiful fish! I am sure someone more experienced will be along soon to give you some feedback.

Reactions: Lodie
#10 ·
Shymarienez, I completely sympathize. I'm new to Bettas myself (my male veil tail has been with me about six months now) and I feel like I have so much to learn and am constantly wondering if I'm doing what I should. I read this forum obsessively for months before joining and starting to post, and everyone here has been very helpful. Just watch out... I now have two Bettas and am already thinking about a couple more. They're so beautiful and have such personalities, which frankly I never really thought fish did/would.

#13 ·
I agree with you completely... This site is a great resource. It does tend to feed the addiction, though. My first Betta was a random gift from an office friend and he lives there in a five gallon tank (he started out in a 2.5 gallon which my new little baby is now in). And as I said I'm already starting to think about what tank to get when this little one is ready for a bigger home. I have been toying with the idea of getting a 15 or 20 gallon tank and dividing it into thirds for the new little one and two others. Ah, this Betta bug ... It sure has bitten me badly. LOL!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.