Betta Fish Forum banner

They arrived.

2K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  ChoclateBetta 
#1 ·
My two new galaxy rasboras arrived to join with the other one. They are smaller and less colorful than usual. My four leafed clover and cryptocorne wendettia arrived too.

#5 ·
I had one she was healthy and active. I got two more to comfort her. They do really well in groups of 3 in my experience. It worked with my bronze cories who are practicky blind from albinism. I love my two new ones they are still warming up quote small by the species standards. In my experience 3 works for schools.

#8 ·
My first CPD is a year old my other two are a week. I have had my fish for a while in a community tank. I have found 3 works well for cories and CPDs. I am right how many of you keep them. I only had one and I tripled the amount.

#11 ·
They can be kept in a community tank. I had mine in a thriving community of very active fish and they used to be all over the place hunting for food and chasing each other around.

However, I agree that they really do best in at least a group of six individuals. Someone on another forum said he had noticed a massive difference in behaviour from when he went from six to around ten individuals.

Also going by your signature you need more emperor tetras. One is definitely not enough and you really should have at least five-six. I believe you mentioned some problems with certain numbers in a previous thread, but honestly if you can't meet the schooling requirements of these fish you probably should stick with fish that do better either by themselves or in a trio.

#12 ·
#13 ·
#15 ·
Which doesn't mean much. Just because an animal "appears" happy does not mean it is happy. It may appear "healthy" but that does not mean much. There are things such as stress that animals go through. A schooling fish that is alone is under stress even if you cannot see it.

Over time that stress leads to a sick, rouge, and or erratic animal. Do it a favor. Stop assuming it is healthy because you think it is, listen to those who are giving you good advice and give it a school.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.