Betta Fish Forum banner

How to make a divider?

1K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  LizzyP 
#1 ·
I was wondering if it was possible to make divider that can prevent bettas from escaping to the other side?? If so, how?

#9 · (Edited)
I made one with plastic craft mesh. I cut it to size, then I cut pieces of aquarium tubing for the edges. I slit the tubing down its length and slid it onto the craft mesh. I also notched it where the tank has a ridge up at the top. Works like a charm. I did not use sealant to glue it in. The pressure on the tubing edges plus the gravel at the bottom and notch at the top hold it in place just fine.

THis is the best pic I have uploaded right now, so I apologize for the munched-looking fish. I guarantee that she's 100% healed and happy again....

See? All better.

#10 ·
Knitterly, I thought that bettas would be very stressed out if they should see each other 24/7? The mesh looks like it has small holes where they can see each other. what brand of material did you use? i just keep thinking that something is gonna be toxic and kill Zoro. BTW, very pretty betta!

#11 ·
Mine are both females and they honestly NEVER looked at the screen, even when the other was on the other side. It was like they could care less. IT's really funny because the fish on the other side (not pictured) ended up being such a bully that I yanked her from my sorority and sent her to live in exile with Aunt Sara. And she never once seemed to notice the cambodian on the other side of the screen.

It was just plain plastic mesh from our craft store. I washed it well (without soap) first. There were two choices and this was the more open one. The other craft mesh had much smaller holes and it was very hard to look through it.

#12 ·
You could always put live/silk plants infront of the mesh on both sides so they can't see one another.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.