Betta Fish Forum banner

My new fishy things came in today!

684 views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  Ajones108 
#1 ·
Some of you remember how I went on Foster and Smith Aquatics and bought a bunch of new things for the fish. And mom brought them to me today. :-D His new Hydor Theo heater is hooked up and set near 80, he's got 4 new silk plants and will have more when I can alter some of them to fit his tank better, I got a gravel siphon that'll be used when I can get a large bucket, AND I tested his water for giggles but it showed me that I did need to do the 50% water change today, so that just got done, and his cup is floating right now to adapt to temperature and whatnot. He sees all the new plants in his tank and is excited. I can't wait to let him out. :)

I'm going to wait and see when the temperature stabilizes before I release him though, because my in-tank thermometer that was pretty cheap anyway isn't holding up to par. So I'm relying on the really inaccurate sticker thermometer on the side of the tank but I know as long as it stays between 79 and 82 then mister fish will be fine.

#2 ·
Well, i'm new here, but congrats! It's always fun to me when I order online because I have to wait so long to get them and then when I do, it's like a present you get to open, haha :)
I still prefer going to a store though than online, I like going out a lot.

#4 ·
All of my friends are telling me to name him Shif. Someone said Mufasa, and then there were a bunch of random suggestions. o_O He seems a little indifferent about the plants right now, hopefully he'll warm up to them. I'm loving this new heater! I should be getting his new food tomorrow, I bet he can't wait because the poor thing has been on bloodworms this whole time. I hate not having my car. ;-;

#5 ·
Well, he's pretty tough obviously so how about Shaft? LOL!

I think he will warm up to the plants & start hangin' around in them before you know it. Yup, a heater is absolutely ESSENTIAL, IMO/E!!!

Have you given any more thought to a filter? If so, check this one out - it's for a 1 - 3 gal. filter & it's ADJUSTABLE! AND it's only $2.99 (plus shipping, of course)!!! Matter of fact, I have one of these & it works well and, yes, I purchased it from this site. :)

http://www.fish.com/item/aquatic-edge-hang-on-filter-bioclear/701009/

#6 ·
Well the thing about starting a filter and whatnot is that I move back home in a couple weeks, for about two weeks, and then i come back to school in a new dorm and I stay there until next Spring, so once I get settled in the new dorm, then I might establish a filter. :)

#7 ·
Sounds good, BUT I don't know how long that sale will last so maybe you might want to think about going ahead & purchasing the filter now so you will have it when the time comes.

Not trying to push you into buying a filter, just trying to save you a couple pennies. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.