Betta Fish Forum banner

whiteish spots but only like 2 and they look like bumps?

767 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  ashleyy 
#1 ·
Tank size: 2 gallons
Food used: TetraMin Tropical flakes
Water conditioner: Top Fin betta water conditioner

I just got my fish last week, and yes he was in a fish bowl haha but I didn't know much about fish, but then I noticed his fish color starting to fade and it was very depressed, so I got it a new habitat and bought fake plants,etc. and a little rock decoration. Now, it has 2 whiteish dots on its head and they kind of look like bumps almost really. His gills look dark colored, and I honestly have noooo clue what to do for it now. But I DO go to Petsmart every sunday for my dog because she has training so each week if I need something to help my fish I can get it. I'm curious because last night he was swimming around so much and now it's all BLAAAh :cry: again. & I have NO clue as to what's going on. Is it the pH of the water orrrr...? the food? the conditioning? I give it clean water! I legit treat it like the king of england, but I don't know... :shock:

#2 ·
are the spots symmetrical? My betta was acting really sluggish for a while and I notice he had 2 white spots. But I posted a picture and was reassured that it was just his markings! lol

So if you can post a pic, some more experienced people can help you on that one.

Keeping a heater for him would help a lot. Mines was very lethargic until I got his tank to reach 80 degrees. :]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.