Betta Fish Forum banner

Will my filter hurt my betta?

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  peachesxo 
#1 ·
Hi,
I'm just wondering, I have a filter, the flow isn't too strong, but it's not "light" either. To give a better example, it can blow my little guy over a little if he gets too close. He is a new betta though, and was probably used to being in a small little water cup or bowl before I got him and put him into his 10 gallon with filter, so would it be a good idea to turn the filter off for a certain period of time each day to give him a bit of a rest? Or will he be fine?

I think he's okay, he seems really healthy and happy and found a place near the surface to prop himself between a plant and the end of the tank (its so cute i think he's started a bubblenest there too)

but would a break from the filter everyday be a good idea or shoudl i just chill and let him do his thing lol?

#4 ·
ok.
ill get an aquarium sponge and muffle the intake a little for starters..
sometimes its like hes almost trying to get flopped around in it, i saw him go back to it twice in a row. i'm also going to get some more plants (live ones this time) and hope it calms the current a bit

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.