Betta Fish Forum banner

Just installed my filter and theres too much current-how to fix?

800 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  callistra 
#1 · (Edited)
I have tried add more plants in that corners of the aquarium I moved the decoration, I raised the water level to what I feel is too high( to soften waterfall effect) it's almost to the black line. I have sponge on the intake and I stuck one of the sponges inside the filter which help a tad bit. My betta can only swim in half the tank if he goes anywhere near the side the filter is on he gets washed back. This the filter:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Regent-For-5-15-Gallons-Aquarium-Power-Filter-1-ct/10313136

What can I do?

#2 ·
You can get some aquarium sponge or foam and attach it to the outflow or put a prefilter sponge on the intake (this might be a good idea anyways to prevent him from getting sucked in, but it might not slow the flow much).

There's a thread in the habitats section (I think) on how to make a baffle out of a water bottle. I think this method sometimes doesn't work for people, though, and I would be concerned about sharp edges on the bottle. I don't have any HOB filters but I've put filter foam by the outflow of my internal filters and it worked.

#7 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.